The best way to fix a slow computer and PC down and Hang and Clean PC JUNK, clean PC in windows 7, Windows 10, and Windows 11. How to clean a PC? Yes, these are the problems PC get over with the use of time.
The best way to fix a slow computer and PC
The best way to fix a slow computer and PC is to analyse the actual problem, which may be one of them given below.
The solutions range from simple to hard, depending upon the level of the problem. There are many reasons for PC slow down and hangs. For this, you have to try out several solutions and find the actual cause of it.
There are some basic steps that should be performed. Let’s see The best way to Fix a slow Computer and PC Slow down and Hang are as follows
1. Remove temporary files
Many temporary files accumulate over time and consume a lot of energy, slowing down the computer and causing it to hang.To remove temp files
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys at the same time.
- In the Open field, type %temp%, then press ENTER. …
- Press the CTRL + A keys at the same time to select all items.
- Press the DELETE key, and then click Yes when the User Account Control window appear to confirm.
2. Free Up Memory
Free up memory on your hard drive if the computer is performing slower than usual. A nearly full hard drive can cause the computer to run much more slowly.To clean the computer, remove any files you don’t use anymore.
Use the “Disk Cleanup” utility built into the computer.
- To launch this utility, click “Start,” “All Programs,” “Accessories,” “System Tools,” and “Disk Cleanup.”
- A list of files is presented in a dialogue box.
- Click the checkbox next to the files you want to delete and then click the “OK” button at the bottom of the dialog box to activate the utility.
3. Reduce physical memory usage
As a result of many processes running in background, physical memory utilization increases and the computer becomes slower.
Click “CTRL,” “ALT,” and “DEL” on the keyboard. This shortcut opens a window listing the currently running programs on your computer. Choose a program that takes a lot of physical memory and click the “End Process” button to terminate the program.
Defragment your computer’s files.Fragmented files occur when parts of a single file are stored in multiple places on the hard drive. This causes a computer to perform slowly because the computer must search in multiple places when accessing a fragmented file.
To defragment your computer
- Click Start
- All Programs,
- System Tools
- Disk Defragmenter
5. Scan your computer for malicious files
Your computer may become sluggish or freeze as a result of viruses or spyware.Utilize the computer’s built-in virus scanning.
How to Remove malware from Windows
The best course of action is to remove any malware or viruses that have been discovered on your computer. To remove the virus, according to the virus scanner’s instructions.
However, not all viruses can simply be deleted. In this case, choose the “Quarantine” option in the virus scanner.
This places the file in a separate folder or location on the drive where it can’t affect other files.
6. Repair any disk errors
Your computer may stop or computer becomes slower due to disk issues.To find and correct disk issues, you can utilize a computer utility.
To do this, first open
- My Computer Right-click on the hard drive you want to repair and click “Properties.”
- Click the “Tools” tab and then click the “Check Now” button.
- Select the check box next to “Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.”
- Then click the “Start” button and the utility detects and repairs bad sectors.
7. Update HDD to SSD
Upgrading from an HDD to an SSD a type of storage device used in computers, would undoubtedly improve PC performance and speed up the entire computer.
8. Add more RAM
Adding more RAM will fix the issue that causes the computer to run slowly and occasionally hang.
9. Re-install Windows or Restore
Even after completing all of the aforementioned methods, reinstalling Windows or performing a window restoration would be the best course of action.
How to fix a slow computer[Solved]
Above mentioned steps are the main points to fix a slow computer. Whenever you get PC slow down and hangs perform above mentioned steps for smooth operations in Windows