Disable pin in Windows 11/10 is very easy to set up in Windows. Every time we set up a Microsoft account on our system, we also need to set up a PIN.
After account setup is complete, we generally only have the PIN option when the system is restarted, No password option is available to signin.
Due to the psychological preference, many users prefer the password sign-in method over PIN sign-in. To disable pin in Windows 11/10,You need to follow the given instructions below:-
To remove PIN from Windows 11, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Sign-in options.
- Under the “Ways to sign in” section, click on PIN (Windows Hello).
- Click on Remove.
- Enter your Microsoft account password and click on OK.
Your PIN will now be removed from Windows 11. You will now be able to sign in to your computer using your Microsoft account password.
1. Open Settings
Open Settings in Windows and you will see the setting windows
2. Click on Accounts
Now click on Accounts,there are many options, just click on Your info.
3. Click on Your info
Click on Your info, new window will open .Under Account Settings you will get
- sign in with Local account instead (if account is signed in with Microsoft).
- sign in with a Microsoft account instead (if account is signed in with Local account).
Proceed according to your selection and follow on screen instructions
After doing above steps, Restart your System. Now you will get both the option to login that is PIN and password.
Just select password option to sign-in with,after 4 to 5 times ,you will only get password option.
How do i disable pin in windows 11/10
In Accounts section, click on Sign-in option ,check PIN category and click on it.There you will get both change PIN and remove PIN
By removing pin you are enabling password option to sign-in your Windows
How to disable PIN login in Windows 11
To disable PIN login in Windows 11 and switch to using a password, follow these steps:
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings window.
- Select Accounts.
- In the left column, choose Input Options.
- Scroll down in the right pane to find the option “Require Windows Hello Sign In for Microsoft Accounts” and set the button to “Disabled”.
- Go up to the option “Windows Hello PIN”, click “Remove”, and confirm once more.
- Enter your Microsoft account password in the next window and confirm.
This will remove the PIN and allow you to use your password for login instead.
To remove sign-in pin you performed above mentioned steps.In Account setting more can be done.You can disable both password and pin in windows .
Disabling PIN login in Windows 11 and opting for a password-based login is straightforward. By following the steps outlined above, users can seamlessly switch from using a PIN to relying on their password for authentication.
Remember to keep your password secure and unique to enhance your system’s security.