How to delete the previous version of Windows? After upgrading to Windows 10/11, your previous version of Windows will be automatically deleted from your PC. You can safely delete them yourself if you need to free up disk space and ‘re sure that your files and settings are where you want them to be on Windows 10/11.
Remove Windows.old folder, which contains files that give you the option to go back to your previous version of Windows. Deleting your previous version of Windows can’t be undone.
How to delete the previous version of Windows in Windows 11- [Easy way]
To remove windows.old folder after upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11,these are the steps.
- In the search box on the taskbar, type delete temporary files, then choose it.
- Wait for some time while processing.
- Select Previous Windows installation to remove.
- Select remove files .
In short try these steps as well to delete windows.old folder from Windows 11.
- In the search box on the taskbar, type settings, then choose it from the list of results.
- Select System > Storage > This PC and then scroll down the list and choose Temporary files.
- Under Remove temporary files, select the Previous version of Windows check box and then choose Remove files.
How to Free up C Drive
After months of use and several file accumulations, C drive has to be cleaned up for smooth operations and performance. The data from previous Windows installations that is still in Windows as windows.old folder should be removed to free up space in C drive.
Remove windows.old folder by following above steps mentioned to clean up the c drive.